This training course is offered by request only, please contact the training coordinator in your region for more information.
The SOCET SET training course offers students the opportunity to become familiar with the SOCET SET interface and learn how to perform rigorous geospatial production processes. This hands-on course teaches students how to create SOCET SET projects, import images (from various sensor types), terrain files, and other data into those projects and to use that data to create a range of geospatial products.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to use automated exploitation and geospatial production tools to generate image products such as orthophotos, true orthophotos, image chips and mosaics as well as create terrain models and extract features from stereo imagery. Skills taught include triangulating images to improve geospatial accuracy, creating and editing terrain files, and updating geodatabases with 2-D and 3-D features.
- Introduction to SOCET SET and stereoscopic viewing
- Basic SOCET SET functionality
- Image enhancement
- Importing imagery into SOCET SET
- Triangulation of scanned film and digital aerial photography
- Triangulation of satellite imagery
- Generation of digital terrain models using Automated Terrain Extraction (ATE) and Next-Generation Automatic Terrain Extraction (NGATE)
- Editing terrain with Interactive Terrain Edit (ITE)
- Combining digital terrain models with other information using the Merge tool
- Using terrain to produce perspective scene views
- Feature collection and editing, including creation of specification files
- Orthorectification of imagery and mosaicking