Visual Coverage Tool (VCT)
The Visual Coverage Tool (VCT) is a geospatial data discovery, viewing, and management tool that shows footprints of all online and offline maps and images available on a network.
Data can be managed from a CD, DVD, or loaded to online storage. Users can access data from a variety of locations and sources and display footprints of the geospatial data displayed over SOCET SET Controlled Image Base (CIB®) format production module, which uses MIL-PRF-89041, May 15, 1995 format specifications, CADRG, VPF, or World Maps. The graphical display allows easy selection for continued processing in SOCET GXP, including image manipulation, enhancements, image and ground space annotations, product templates, Sensor Model Factory (SMF) mensuration, and NITF save with SPIA tags.
Benefits of VCT include:
- Users can manage all image and vector files on a network
- VCT plots all footprints to show coverage, which are color-coded by file type
- VCT acts like a database management system
- VCT keeps track of:
- SOCET SET Digital Point Positioning Data Base (DPPDB) format production module, which uses MIL-PRF-89034, March 1999 format specifications (online and offline)
- All 42 types of CADRG
- All NITF imagery, color coding by sensor
- SOCET SET Controlled Image Base (CIB) format production module, which uses MIL-PRF-89041, May 15, 1995 format specifications
- VPF, shapefiles
- TIFF, MSI, and SOCET SET support files