Using SOCET GXP for 3D-flythrough viewing allows analysts to visualize real-world scenarios by draping images over elevation data to capture, save, and play back the scenes for improved situational awareness and mission planning.
Creating a flythrough in SOCET GXP
To simulate real-world scenarios for improved situational awareness, images can be draped over elevation data to provide 3D flythrough viewing options. Use the keyboard, mouse, or Flythrough toolbar controls to navigate through a scene dynamically in Automatic, Interactive and Orbit modes, or plot a flythrough path using waypoint coordinates. The dynamic flythrough scene can be captured, saved as an .avi file, and played back.
Creating a flythrough:
- Load an image with a corresponding DTED into a Multiport.
- Select Tools > Flythrough (Flythrough window opens in Interactive mode in a paused position).
- In the Flythrough window, select View > Overview.
- Click the Waypoint Editor icon.
- Click the Draw Flythrough Path icon.
- Click in the Overview window to plot path waypoints.
- Right-click on Finish Graphic (Waypoint Editor populates with waypoint coordinates; scene shifts automatically to begin flythrough).
- Click the Play icon from the Flythrough toolbar.
- To save path, select File > Save As from the Waypoint Editor window.
Tip: The Overview panel linked with the flythrough, which contains the Flythrough toolbar, must be opened from the Flythrough window.